If you are looking for the perfect fall dessert recipe, this Easy 5-minute Pumpkin Fluff Dip Recipe has simple ingredients and is fast to prepare. This perfect fall dessert is for those who crave pumpkin and love a light and creamy no-bake dessert recipe!
Break out your pumpkin pie spice and pumpkin puree to welcome fall with this sweet treat. It's easy to make sugar-free or keto as well!
I just love a quick and simple dip recipe, and this pumpkin fluff dip is all that and more. It's light, fluffy, creamy, and loaded with pumpkin flavor plus all the fall flavors you love. Perfect for pumpkin season!
If you're looking for a quick dip to make for Halloween or Thanksgiving, you need to check this one out..... plus calories don't count on the holidays, do they?
Dessert dips have grown in popularity over the past 20 years with the rise of the internet and social media. These dips are ideal to be served as an alternative to the traditional dessert or as part of a dessert charcuterie board. There is no baking involved in this recipe. Everything is added to one bowl and mixed to create something delicious. The flavors work well and it can be a lighter alternative to a pumpkin pie. A great sharing option for family and friends; you are going to want to make this pumpkin dessert dip over and over again.
Another fall recipe that you may enjoy while having company is my Roasted Nuts With Sage.
- How To Make This Pumpkin Dip Recipe
- Substitutions For this Recipe for Pumpkin Dip
- Variations for an Easy Pumpkin Dip
- Recommended Tools
- Top tip
- How to make your own pumpkin pie spice
- Ideas For Ingredients To Dip Into The Pumpkin Pie Cheesecake Dip
- Easy 5-minute Pumpkin Fluff Dip Recipe
Super simple, with no baking involved, and an easy-to-get list of ingredients. What more can you want from dessert dip?
- Can of pumpkin puree
- Cream cheese
- Vanilla extract
- Powdered sugar
- Heavy whipping cream
- Pumpkin pie spice
See the recipe card for quantities.
How To Make This Pumpkin Dip Recipe
In a large bowl, whip the heavy cream until stiff peaks form. Add a touch of vanilla extract and 2 teaspoon of granulated sugar, if using, in your whipped cream to sweeten it.
Using a hand mixer or stand mixer with the whisk attachment, blend the cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract until creamy.
Add the pumpkin puree and pumpkin pie spice. Blend until creamy.
Fold in the whipped cream and stir until combined. Serve with gingersnaps, cookies, or fresh fruit.
Hint: An electric hand mixer or stand mixer will make things easier to combine all of the ingredients. You can whisk by hand but it will take longer.
Substitutions For this Recipe for Pumpkin Dip
- Whipped topping - You can use Cool Whip, or even a fat-free Cool Whip but I'm not a fan of using ingredients that add chemicals to my food. I prefer to make my own by using heavy whipping cream and adding a touch of granulated sugar and vanilla extract like in this recipe.
- Maple syrup - Add a drizzle of maple syrup for some extra sweetness.
- Cinnamon - Adding a teaspoon of cinnamon to the dip will change the flavor but add more depth. You can also sprinkle some cinnamon on the top of the dip.
- Vanilla - Try using a bourbon vanilla extract for a different flavor.
- Chocolate chips - You could also add some chocolate chips or other chocolate candy to the dip. Either mix within the dip or sprinkle them on top before serving.
- M&M's or Sprinkles - These make a pretty topping if you wish.
- Powdered sugar - You can use a packet of instant vanilla pudding mix in place of the sugar and, if you wish, you can use a sugar-free version as well.
Variations for an Easy Pumpkin Dip
This simple pumpkin dip is naturally gluten-free.
Sugar-Free Pumpkin Dip
Make this recipe using only sugar-free ingredients by substituting the powdered sugar for a sugar-free alternative, like Monk fruit. Easy peasy.
Keto Pumpkin Fluff (low-carb)
Pumpkin dip is easy to modify for most dietary needs including keto or low-carb diets. Swap the powdered sugar for a sugar-free alternative, skip the crackers and fruit, and serve it like a mousse or parfait; in a cup with a dollop of sugar-free whipped cream. You can top this with a sugar-free chocolate like the Good Chocolate which is my favorite. It's like eating pumpkin pie without the guilt.
Make sure your cream cheese is full fat and if you would like to cut the carbs more, replace the pumpkin pie spice with two teaspoons of cinnamon.
This is my favorite hand mixer!
You need a solid spatula and I love this one.
If you have any leftovers store them in an airtight container or cover the serving dish with plastic wrap. Store in the refrigerator for up to five days.
This dip can easily be made ahead of time, so it is perfect for party prep.
Don’t let the dip sit at room temperature for more than two hours. I do not recommend freezing this dip.
If you are using Cool Whip, make sure it is fully thawed before using it. Also, you want to gently fold the whipped cream or Cool Whip into the dip with a spatula so it doesn't break down the batter.
Use a can of pure pumpkin puree, not pumpkin pie filling.
How to make your own pumpkin pie spice
This makes about 5 tablespoons:
3 tablespoon ground cinnamon
2 teaspoon ground ginger
2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 teaspoon ground allspice
1 teaspoon ground cloves
In a small mixing bowl, measure out all of the spice ingredients. Whisk until combined and then store in an airtight container for up to six months.
Ideas For Ingredients To Dip Into The Pumpkin Pie Cheesecake Dip
This dip is a delightful dessert. Several things pair well with its creamy and sweet flavor such as:
- Graham crackers or cinnamon graham crackers - these give a crunchy contrast and the warm spice of cinnamon pairs well. Feel free to use a gluten-free graham cracker!
- Vanilla wafers - also called 'Nilla wafers are a terrific pairing.
- Ginger snaps - ginger snaps have a spiciness that counteracts the sweetness of the dip.
- Pretzels - these will offer both crunchy and salty textures. You can use chocolate-covered pretzels as well.
- Speculoos or Biscoff cookies - the flavor pairs well.
- Fruit-like apple slices or pear slices are a great option.
- Shortbread cookies - these are buttery and will taste delicious.
- Cinnamon pita chips - store-bought or homemade, these will add crunch and spice
- Vanilla sandwich cookies
- Baked pie crust pieces
The best dippers for pumpkin fluff dip depend on your tastes and preferences. You can mix and match any of these for a real treat.
This dip is best made with a can of pure pumpkin puree. A can of pumpkin pie mix is already sweetened, and you won’t be able to balance the flavors easily. Stick with pure pumpkin.
You want to get to a creamy texture. If you would like a thicker dip, use half of the whipped cream called for in this recipe.
Yes, you can make your own pumpkin pie spice. I have included a recipe for it above.
You can make this ahead of time. It is the perfect dessert to prep ahead. Just store it in the refrigerator for up to 2 days prior to using it and then more than 3 days after serving for a total of 5 days.
Looking for other recipes like this? Try these:
These are my favorite dishes to serve with this Easy 5-minute Pumpkin Dip:
Easy 5-minute Pumpkin Fluff Dip Recipe
- 8 oz cream cheese at room temperature
- ¾ cup heavy whipping cream whipped, if desired add 2 teaspoon of granulated sugar and a splash of vanilla extract to sweeten, may also sub up to 8 oz of Cool Whip
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- ½ - 1 cup powdered sugar depending on how sweet you would like this
- 2 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice homemade version is in the notes
- Whip the heavy whipping cream. If you prefer, add a splash of vanilla extract and two teaspoons of granulated sugar while whipping to sweeten the cream. Set aside in the refrigerator.
- Using an electric hand or stand mixer, blend the cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla until creamy.
- Add in the pumpkin and the pumpkin pie spices. Continue blending until fully mixed until creamy.
- Fold in the whipped cream by hand with a spatula until combined.
- Serve wth graham crackers, Nilla wafers, gingersnaps, Biscoff cookies, apple slices or your favorite cookies and enjoy!
- 3 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
This 5-minute Pumpkin Fluff Dip gives off all of the pumpkin spice vibes without any of the baking time. This easy dessert will welcome those fall flavors and become a new delicious pumpkin dessert that will become a big hit!
Lastly, if you make this recipe be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating. Above all, I love to hear from you and always do my best to respond to each and every comment. If you do make this recipe, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram! I really enjoy looking through the photos of recipes you all have made!