Who doesn't love the smell of fresh cornbread baking in the oven? While I am in the corner of being a cornbread fan, I know many who do not like it. Mainly because it can be a bit dry or too crumbly. My husband is always complaining about cornbread being too dry so went I went to make this at home I needed to make sure that this Quick Moist Cornbread Recipe was moist and fluffy. He loved it and ate it straight from the pan!
This cornbread recipe is moist, tender, and cake-like. It begs for a dollop of honey on top and can be eaten as part of the main meal or as a quick snack.
This recipe comes together fast and easy. You are simply combining the dry ingredients and the wet ingredients in separate bowls and then bringing them both together to create the batter. You can make this recipe for a quick dinner bread to pair with your main course. My favorite is to pair it with chili that I make in the instant pot.
- Yellow corn flour
- All purpose flour
- Granulated Sugar and leavening agents
- Creamed corn
I add creamed corn into this recipe to add more corn flavor, creaminess, and texture. I love biting into cornbread and tasting corn. Sometimes I will add a bit of frozen corn that has been defrosted into this recipe as well for more texture.
The buttermilk also adds quite a lot to the bread. Buttermilk will add tang and moisture to the bread which will result in the tasty, moist cornbread that you are craving!
This cornbread recipe is a staple in our home. I use this as a part of our Thanksgiving stuffing recipe which is half cornbread and half regular bread! It brings a touch of sweetness into that recipe and gives a depth of flavor I can't get elsewhere. This year, I made a double batch. I used part for our stuffing and part as a side dish for the chili I made for lunch on Thanksgiving!
Quick Moist Cornbread Recipe
- 1 cups yellow cornmeal
- 1 c flour
- 1 t salt
- 2 t baking powder
- ½ t baking soda
- ½ cup butter melted and cooled
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup buttermilk
- 8.5 oz canned creamed corn
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a 9x13 pan or large cast-iron skillet with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk the dry ingredients together until well combined.
- Combine the wet ingredients in another bowl.
- Create a well or hole in the middle of the dry ingredients and add the wet ingredients to the center. Slowly stir together until the batter is uniform.
- Pour into the prepared pan.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until the edges and top have browned slightly. Remove and cool at least 15 minutes before serving.